Presenting Mrs. Kelly's Kindergarten Class Blog!



Follow our Reggio Emilia Inspired class to see what students are learning at Coronation Public School. Visit often, borrow ideas to enhance learning at home, and most importantly, discuss with your child their--- PLAYFUL LEARNING, EXPLORATIONS, and DISCOVERIES at school.

Wednesday 29 January 2014

We Are Builders!!! Building with blocks, connectors and other construction materials in the class helps to promote problem solving skills, spatial awareness, gross and fine motor development, symbolic thinking, oral communication, and social skills. We have noticed that the students are beginning to build structures with more planning and detail. Here are a few examples of the structures we have seen in our classroom.

"I made a tower!"


"I built a house for my tractor."

"Look at how fast they spin!"



"I made a person."

"A building for our tractors!"


"I built a chair."
"Look at our fort."





Building on mirrors with pattern blocks.




"I made it taller than Mrs. Mayville!"


"My crane is fixing the roof."

No comments:

Post a Comment