Presenting Mrs. Kelly's Kindergarten Class Blog!



Follow our Reggio Emilia Inspired class to see what students are learning at Coronation Public School. Visit often, borrow ideas to enhance learning at home, and most importantly, discuss with your child their--- PLAYFUL LEARNING, EXPLORATIONS, and DISCOVERIES at school.

Thursday 28 November 2013

Learning Math in a Play-Based Program

Exploring 3-D solids.

"I made a police car."

Tracing 2-D shapes.

Exploring money.
Measuring ingredients when we cook and bake.
"Look at my shapes."


Sorting by colour to create posters.



Making shapes with marshmallows and toothpicks.



"I made a rectangle."
Measuring his structure.



Recording numbers.

"Look, I made a person."




Exploring money at the ice-cream store.

Building structures on mirrors.

Measuring water.

My structure is taller than Miss Laurin.



"I'm taller than the metre stick."

On our math walk looking for shapes around the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment